JOIN OUR JAVA DEVELOPMENT TEAM @LEVI9 IASI
At Levi9 we are passionate about what we do. We love our work and together in a team, we are smarter and stronger. We are looking for skilled team players who make change happen. Are you one of these players? Join the magic number at levi9.com.
Our customer is a leading data connectivity platform. They are committed to connecting the world’s data safely and effectively, advancing innovation, and empowering people to do good.
Their platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs and concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. They enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands and products they love.
The team you will be part of is responsible for a critical component of our customer’s vision to become a global platform for connected data, aiming to provide an intuitive self-service user interface for our customers to upload, connect or start ingesting their data efficiently.
The system receives and process hundreds of billions of records (120TB of data) daily from various sources. It parses, validate, anonymize, and normalize the data to a standard format to enable use by a diverse set of downstream applications. All this is done in compliance with data ethics, security throughout our pipeline, relevant privacy laws and security certifications.
THE ROLE INVOLVES:
- Work with the team to build the next generation unified ingestion platform from the ground up and migrate existing complex use cases into that system. In its completion, the global ingestion platform will be empowering data connectivity in global markets (US, EU, APAC, etc.).
- Work with a team of supportive and passionate software engineers.
- Design and implement systems that materialize our platform vision.
- Resolve technical issues for internal and external customers.
- Be a coach to other engineers on the team, helping them succeed in their current role while preparing them for future roles.
- Perform code reviews and design reviews for other engineers on the team.
- Have an impact across the entire product and engineer org by leading technical discussions in product design, evangelizing best practices, standards, and mentoring engineers.
- Build and support best in class Global Ingestion systems with an emphasis on top-notch user experience and intuitive self-service workflows.
- Stay nimble and respond quickly to emerging opportunities.
- 5+ years of experience in the fields of software engineering (backend).
- Have a startup personality and enjoy working as part of a collaborative team: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working, productive and have empathy for your teammates and customers.
- You love mentoring new engineers, lead end-to-end development and release of an application or service, deploying software that conforms to best practices.
- Have a passion for building large-scale distributed systems and are comfortable writing maintainable, extensible, scalable and high-performance code.
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks.
- Comfortable evaluating and adapting to the latest tools and technologies.
- Proficient in Java.
- Experience with continuous integration, deployment and automation servers such as Jenkins, CircleCI.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience using cloud-based platform such as GCP, AWS, Azure or similar technologies.
- Experience with development tools such as Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, or Gradle.
- Experience with GCP products such as BigTable, BigQuery, Dataproc, PubSub or other data tools such as Spark, Kafka, Hive, or Apache Beam.
- Experience with designing and implementing interfaces and infrastructure for large scale systems and RESTful APIs.
- Working knowledge of observability principles.
- Contributions to open-source projects.
- Fluent English
- Ability and willingness to quickly ramp up on multiple technology areas
- Open to give and receive feedback
- Proactive and result-driven
- Strong customer orientation
WHAT WE HOPE YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- Great colleagues, tech and fun-oriented place to work
- Personal and technical development through courses, training, conferences, and certifications under the Levi9 Academy umbrella
- Udemy for business
- A good book with Bookster
- Parenting sessions if that’s the case
- Team buildings (with the company, your project, or your department)
- Fun activities with colleagues sharing your passion (Ex: CSR campaigns, Movie Nights, Football, etc.)
- 21 annual vacation days + 1 extra day every two years
- Floating Holidays
- Meal tickets
- Medical insurance
- Work from home option
- Unlimited access to our Levi9 gym